My name is Ruba Khan and this is my media blog in which I will be doing all my coursework on, homework and any tasks we may need to do. I am currently doing media studies as an AS level and hope to carry it on for A2. I enjoy this subject thoroughly and I would love to do something along the lines of this in the future. I enjoy filming and editing the most. I like to be creative and would like to think I am a creative person. I have a thirst to make things unique and exemplify them in my own way. However, the theory part of media is very interesting to see how things are created in the media industry (films, music videos, adverts, etc.). Also it is fascinating to see all the cast & crew, cameras and time that goes into making something tricky look so easy as we watch it.

Sunday 10 April 2011

Feedback from Mrs Thrasher and Miss Kasam - Showcase

We had a showcase in which we had to present our opening sequence to the class and our teachers. This helped us to improve on things we may not have noticed ourselves. They watched it, evaluated it and then told us constructive criticisms in which we would benefit from.
Mrs Thrasher and Miss Kasam both thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of shots we used in our opening sequence. One of Mrs Thrasher's favourite shots was when the protagonist jumps over the water puddle. She said it was shot very well. She also enjoyed the heavy breathing of the killer as his face was not visible, generating a more mysterious atmosphere. It was diegetic sound which related back to the genre.

The criticisms she claimed were that it dragged on towards the end when there was allegedly supposed to be a chase between the protagonist and the killer. It made it into a whole story rather than just an opening sequence. Opening sequences are intentionally supposed to end on a cliffhanger. As a result, the viewers want to watch the rest of the film. However, ours did not end on a question. Therefore, we edited it and cut off the ending and redone some of the ending to make it more understandable. Also, when we presented it, there was no music in there which made it boring at times to watch. She said that it is crucial to have music in there to make it more effectively frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment