My name is Ruba Khan and this is my media blog in which I will be doing all my coursework on, homework and any tasks we may need to do. I am currently doing media studies as an AS level and hope to carry it on for A2. I enjoy this subject thoroughly and I would love to do something along the lines of this in the future. I enjoy filming and editing the most. I like to be creative and would like to think I am a creative person. I have a thirst to make things unique and exemplify them in my own way. However, the theory part of media is very interesting to see how things are created in the media industry (films, music videos, adverts, etc.). Also it is fascinating to see all the cast & crew, cameras and time that goes into making something tricky look so easy as we watch it.

Thursday 7 April 2011

My Inspiration For Our Opening Sequence

Before we started to film, we got together as a group and discussed all the possible ideas we could do. As we came to a conclusion to do a horror opening sequence, I went through a brainstorm on my own over the horror films I had seen. These included movies like; Paranormal Activity, The Grudge, The Exorcist and Obsessed (which is not a horror film, it is a thriller but I got ideas from there. The idea I retrieved from there was the concept of a woman being obsessed over another individuals partner). We all had an input until we came to a final conclusion and we made sure that it was not completely copying any other film - only ideas.
We didn't want to go too over-board with the filming otherwise it would end up looking 'cheesy.' Therefore, we decided we will enhance on the opening sequence with all the editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment